Monday, March 12, 2007

I'm a model you know what I mean





At the ripe old age of 7 weeks, Bella has scored a modeling gig. What's the story you ask? Well, when I went to pick up the breast pump that I purchased off Craig's List (it's like an on-line garage sale), the lady who was selling the breast pump started telling me about her business that she was just getting started. Her little girl had tons of hair, but she couldn't find any barrettes that would stay in her hair, so she created her own. Other people really liked them, and that motivated her to start mass producing them and trying to sell them. She even created her own label - Bellaziza and had just recently received a large order from Babystyle (a baby store with several store nationwide). She showed us (Todd was with me) all the barrettes, and as we were leave she handed me a few and told me good luck with the baby.

Well, when Bella came out with a full head of hair, I knew just the little barrettes to put in her hair. So when I was taking pictures for her birth announcement I stuck one of the barrettes in her hair. I decided to email the barrette lady Bella's picture to show her that we were really using the barrettes and to thank her for them. Well, she loved Bella's picture and asked if she could use her picture on the website that she was creating (http://www.bellaziza.com/), and if I would be willing to take more pictures of Bella, she would give me more barrettes. So, of course I said yes! I'm trying to get more sophisticated in my picture taking, but of course I am working with an infant and a $200 camera. Todd laughed at me when he found the halogen lamp downstairs and asked me what it was doing down there, and I said I needed it for Bella's photo shoot. A friend has recommended a photography book (How to Photograph Your Baby by Nick Kelsh), so I think I will buy that. My friend now takes beautiful pictures and even has her own business (http://www.odomnet.com/photography/), so I trust the recommendation.

2 comments:

Al, Liz, Oak and Isla Carter said...

My, my my, Isabella...maybe I should tell Oak more about you...what a beauty!! She is so adorable you guys--enjoy each moment!! Love you, Alan and Liz

Casandra said...

aww you guys, these with the bows are my favorite pics of all. love your updates and i love the internet even more for allowing you to share bella with the world. great to see you are all doing well. i miss all the bernard family. you guys take care!

cassie