Friday, January 19, 2007

Getting Better Each Day

We just got back from the hospital. Cat was up there the whole day. I worked today so I could save my paternity leave for when she comes home. We think she is ready to come home already, but we are biased. She was bottle fed a few times today, and the feeding at 11AM was pretty neat. She practiced breast feeding with Cat, and then she downed a 10ml bottle in about 12 seconds. I guess she was hungry. I got to video tape the first bottle feeding and the nurse trying to burp her. She wouldn't burp. I don't think this little girl is going to do anything unless she wants to do it. I wasn't there for the 5PM feeding, but Cat said she pretty much did the same thing and then looked around as if to ask if she could have more. The nurse gave her a little bit more. We each got to read a little book to her, and I got to hold her tonight for about 30min while she was sleeping. We cannot wait to bring her home.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Sounds like little Bella is going to be quite the "eater" I know for fact that she gets that from Granpa. Hugs and Kisses for Bella and Love to all.