Saturday, April 28, 2007

Shiny, Happy, Baby

This is what used to greet me in the morning. A bright, shinny, happy baby. She'd usually be swaddled in her SwaddleMe blanket so only her head, and sometimes arm(s), was sticking out. And once she saw me, she'd get all excited and start kicking her legs. Then once I broke her free from the blanket, and it was clear that she was getting out of baby jail, she'd go wild, giving me a "full body" smile with arms and legs flailing and a big, open, gummy smile. She sometimes even would lift her arms up as if to say, "Pick me up. I'm ready to ride the baby train." But now, I go to work before she wakes up, so I'm only able to get a report of how her morning went. Was she happy? Did she try to laugh? Were her arms unswaddled. Patiently, her father answers all my questions. Who knew mornings could be so sweet.

2 comments:

Virginia said...

I can imagine just how you feel. However, at least you are not 800 miles away, and can only drool over the pictures seen on this blog.
I can't tell you how much I long to hold and cuddle this beautiful bundle. But for now, will have to settle for the pictures and hope that someday Bella will know that her grandparents in Ga. Love her and miss her.

al said...

I know it is a joy each morning to wake up to precious Bella. I can't wait until the opportunity comes that I can get to Texas and hold and play with Bella.
LOVE to ALL
Dad , Grandpa

PS: Congratulations to proud Daddy

"GOD BLESS YA"ALL"