Saturday, June 12, 2010

Museum Mania




The Nasher Sculpture Museum in Dallas has fun kid activities on the first Sat of every month. So I took the girls in May. It was a really nice activity for just me and the girls. We got there by 10; participated in the guided lecture; did the art project; picked up a lunch from Panera and had a picnic at a park that Todd and I frequented as undergrads; and played in the park. Bella even saw a classmate there with her grandparents. Apparently later that week during recess, Bella and the classmate were pretending that they were at the Nasher. So cosmopolitan! 


And then today I had the girls to myself again, and I took them to the Science Museum since the second Sat of every month they have Discovery Days. Wasn't too impressed with the "Discovery Days" part of it, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the Children's Museum was at Fair Park, too. The girls had a great time playing in the dino dig and the water table. Of course we have a sand/water table at home, but I guess they really don't compare.

No comments: