Friday, June 11, 2010

B stories

Bella has a difficult time with the state of disarray that our van is typically in, and sometimes it gets to be too much for her and she has to say something about the mess. The last time she commented on the mess,  I said well you keep bringing stuff in here and you never take it back out. To that Bella commented, "You bring stuff in here, too, Mommy." Nuf Said.

Becca has always been quite a chatter. One of the first phrases I can remember her saying was while Chris and Julie were here. She stood in the kitchen and cried, "But I don't want to share." So much of what is says is clear, in fact she can now say Bella and not Beya. But she still can't say "sweaty". The other night Becca asked me, "Mommy, why you so sweaty?" I wish you could see it. She rolls her tongue when she says it, and it reminds me of those Jack-in-Box commercials where Jack's mouth just becomes a squiggle when he tries to say chipolte. 

Bella thinks herself quite the fashionista. If she had it her way she would exclusively wear pink dresses. So yesterday morning when I paired a turquoise blue shirt and necklace with black pants, I think she just didn't know what to make of it. She crinkled up her little nose in disapproval and said, "Mommy, your pants don't match your shirt OR your necklace." Me, "Yes honey, but black goes with everything." I could see her filing that bit of information away.  So today I decided to test her fashion sense, and I genuinely asked her opinion on which necklace I should wear today. And you know something, I think she got it right. 

Becca is the master of  faces. Always has been. From better beer face to "the Look". Now she has the silly face and the suprised face. And she performs on command, sometimes.  In between each time she gives "the Look" she'll roll her head back and laugh.

Some of Becca's favorite phrases right now, "I can do it. I can do it.", "I fell down.", "Daddy's turn." "Why Bella crying?"  "Mine. Mine! That's MINE!" 

No comments: