Sunday, January 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Visit

This year Bella and Becca got a special treat - Mema and Grandpa came to visit. In all the years that Todd has been in Texas, I think this was the first time he had family here for Thanksgiving - and I think he enjoyed it quite a bit. I know the girls certainly did. They had a countdown going. Every morning they would verify how many more days were left before Mema and Grandpa went home. We had a nice Thanksgiving dinner at our house. I tried my hand at a new recipe for stuffing. It didn't turn out, but I won't give up. Fear not - I plan to try another recipe next year. I guess it's a good thing Thanksgiving only comes around once a year. My brother and his family showed up for lunch after their annual Turkey Run, and what Thanksgiving wouldn't be complete without the annual Cowboys game. The girls just loved having the cousins over. George is always so attentive and makes Bella fell so special, and James is sweet in his quite way (really wish he had a sister), and Bella is now old enough that David finds playing with her interesting. But then once the Bernards leave, it is REALLY quite. Then Grace and I ended the day with a trip to Michaels. All in all a good day.

No comments: