Monday, April 6, 2009

Bella Bits

I've started playing soccer again, and my first game was pretty rough. As Todd put it, "It looked painful." So, I had scraps and bruises all up and down my legs, literally. Bella saw my leg and said, "Oh! Mommy needs a band-aide. Mommy, you ok?" Me, "Yea, baby. I'm ok. But my leg hurts." Bella, "Come on Mommy. I tuck you in." 

One evening Bella and I went over to Popo and Grammy's to pick up Becca. As we were leaving Becca was munching on a graham cracker.  She has a ferocious appetite for graham crackers. We were loading into the car, when Bella notices that Becca has a cracker.  She yells at Becca, "NO BECCA! Don't eat it all!  I want to taste it."  No response. "Becca!" No Response. "Becca, throw it over here." No response. Much later all I hear is a little sigh from Bella as she realizes Becca ate it all. 

Going through the drive thru at Taco Bueno has become an after church ritual. This past Sunday I noticed that Strawberry Smoothies are on the menu, so of course I had to get one. And of course, it would not go unnoticed by Bella. So immediately I hear from the back of the car, "I want to taste it." Begrudgingly I pass the cup back to Bella. And to my no surprise, she is gulping it down. In an attempt to reclaim my drink, I reach back to Bella and say, "Come on Bella. Give it back to mommy." Bella, "Keep your hands to yourself Mommy." Alrighty then. 

1 comment:

Al, Liz, Oak and Isla Carter said...

Okay, your posts crack me up...Bella has got a full personality, huh:)?? And the viedo of the 2 girls driving the truck is so cute! Love you guys and miss you lots!