Saturday, August 18, 2007

To "da" or not to "da"





OK, as we already established, Bella has had "ba ba ba" down. Well, she has also mastered other consonant/vowel combinations since that entry and has most recently added "da da da" to her repertoire. Now, would somebody please tell Bella's daddy that when Bella says "da da da", she is not referring to him, and that no, we cannot put "da da da" in her baby book as her first word. He says I'm just jealous. Yes, you're right. I am jealous that she doesn't address her shoe, toy frog or granny as "ma ma ma". Because guess what, she's called all of those things "da da da". I've tried to tell him that around 1 year she'll say it and mean it. She'll cry out "da da da", and that will mean, "Daddy come get me. I'm lonely." or it will mean "Hi daddy! I'm so glad you're home." Of course she already lights up when she does see him, and they've had fun on their walks together (see above), although it has gotten too hot recently and the walks have been temporarily suspended.


1 comment:

EMWilkinson said...

I think the first parents purposefully chose dada to mean the father...I mean...the baby could have meant anything at that point. What if the mothers were supposed to be dada's?? Ok...so I'm jealous too...14 mos now and we've only gotten the dada/baba/gaga combos. We keep working on mama...and he actually does seem to mean daddy when he says his dada's now. Good luck lady...we had to have the hard name. :)