Friday, May 25, 2007

Easy Like Sunday Morning

EASTER 2007


MOTHER'S DAY 2007


Sunday mornings are nice because we're always able to spend some individual, quality time with our Bella until it is time for church. And of course it is always fun trying to decide what dress to put her in and what barrette matches best. As you can see from the Mother's Day picture that particular morning we were trying to decide between pink, crochet, sandals and pink, trimmed socks. We went with the socks. I mean come on, sometimes even I have a hard time keeping sandals on my feet. Forget about keeping them on a four month old. There was no footwear crisis on Easter. She had on white shoes and white tights - a perfect footwear duo for any baby girl. But sadly, Easter Sunday was the last time we saw those cute, little, white, patent, leather shoes.
Sundays are also a special time for us to remember just how good God has been to us by giving us the privilege to be this little girl's parents. I know nothing I've done as a daughter, wife, mother or Christian has been good enough to deserve such a wonderful gift. Becoming a parent has certainly given me some perspective on God's Greatest Gift.
When I think about it, I have all this love and adoration for her, and I've yet to receive a hug or kiss from her or hear her call me mommy or say I love you. I can't wait! Does that sound selfish? I think I've discovered a little thing called unconditional love.

2 comments:

al said...

I know why Bella is always so Happy. She knows already at such a tender time in her life that, not only has the LORD BLESSED HER with Parents that LOVE HERE WITH EVERY FIBER OF THERE SOLES, they LOVE THE LORD EVEN MORE. The LOVE you two have just SHINES THROUGH BELLA. I am very PROUD as a Dad and Grandpa and so very THANKFUL TO THE LORD.
LOVE,
Dad, Gramps

EMWilkinson said...

Hey! Found your blog off Laura Odom's. Your baby is just gorgeous! How/What is George doing these days? Tell him hello from me. It's been a long time!
This is Erin (Miculek) by the way. hahaha!