Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mema's sewing magic




Mema and Grandpa just came for a visit. And this time around I told Mema, I was putting her to work. I'd recently been to a party where they were charging and an arm and a leg for what amounted to handmade outfits. You could pick the fabric and styles and embellishments and fork over a fortune. Instead, I thought, I know someone who can do this. So Grace and I went shopping at Joanne's one night, and I tried to pin and cut the material (Much more complicated than I thought. Yet another hobby I do not seem to be suited for). Grace did all the sewing, and a lot of the cutting for that matter. The outfits were a success! Bella showed up to school on Monday wearing one of her two outfits, and the ladies at the school immediately noticed. I proudly said, "I know aren't they cute. Bella's Mema made them."



No comments: