Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bella and Daddy

This is a typical Bella picture, with her flashing her big, easy smile. I love that about her. 

But in this picture of Bella she looks so grown up.  I wanted to post it, too.

Bella loves, loves, loves Dora right now. In fact for most of last week she was home sick, and let me just tell you, in those few days I saw/heard all the Dora episodes I care to hear. But anyway, we still endorse the madness: we call Bella "Dora, we call Becca "Boots" (Dora's sidekick), we buy Dora books and anything Dora in the Dollar bins at Michaels and Target, and I'm sure we will buy the Dora swimming mermaid for her for Christmas (I mean, does it get any better than Dora being a MERMAID!).  So one of the new Dora books we bought is about Dora returning all the friendship bracelets that Swiper stole.  And the first time we read this story, Bella pipes up, "I have a friendship bracelet that you got for me in Hawaii." I cannot believe that she remembered 1) that she has a bracelet, 2) that we bought it for her and 3) that it came from Hawaii.  Note to self - the kid remembers everything! Anyway, she was wearing that bracelet in this picture, but that you can see it. 

No comments: