Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My baby's fussiness has a first name and it's spelled G.E.R.D.


Well, I'm spending my Valentine's Day hanging out with my new sweetheart (see above), and I can truly say that she has become a little sweetheart - all parental bias aside. She no longer seems to be in pain. She can sit without crying or squirming or making faces. She doesn't scream if she isn't fed immediately after waking up. In fact she will even lay in her crib AWAKE until she nods off. True story. Que milagro! What's the difference you ask? We have discovered that not only does she have an allergy to cow's milk, but she also has GERD or acid reflux. On Monday I took her to the doctor, and I told the doctor of my suspension. When I told the doctor that I thought she had reflux, she took me at my word. No lectures consisting of the phrases, "you don't know that for sure", "that's the way babies are", or "welcome to parenthood; get used to it". No, she listened; checked my baby out; and gave us a plan of action. Thank you doctor for giving me the sweetest Valentine's Day present of all: a happy baby.

4 comments:

Launa said...

Very glad to hear that little Bella is feeling better. Also glad to see that she is enjoying her new friend. I just can't wait to see my, oh so beautiful neice.

xoxo

Very ancious Aunt Launa

al said...

GODS LOVE and TENDERNESS is showing through in Bella, HIS creation. The BLESSING is showing through the LOVE that Mom and Dad have for Bella also.
Love Dad,
Grandpa

al said...

GODS LOVE and TENDERNESS is showing through in Bella, HIS creation. The BLESSING is showing through the LOVE that Mom and Dad have for Bella also.
Love Dad,
Grandpa

al said...

Sorry, a little too much emotion in that click on the mouse.